About the Book
Silver Winner, 2014 Nautilus Book Awards!
We all make mistakes in life, at home and at work. We hurt others by lying, procrastinating, breaking our promises, or by saying something unkind to someone else.
The secret, when you make a mistake, is to apologize, but many people do not know when or how to say they are sorry. Unless you’re prepared to change jobs on a regular basis, replace your friends or even your spouse every few years, and live in constant fear of being sued by your business associates, learning how to apologize is an essential skill at work, at home, and in life. This book will help you do just that.
In Art of the Apology: How, When and Why to Give and Accept Apologies, written by attorney and ethics expert Lauren Bloom, you will learn:
• The Six Essential Elements of an Effective Apology
• Timing Your Apology
• How to Apologize at Work and to Your Loved Ones
• Apologizing in Business (and Why Your Lawyer May Object!)
• The 13 Most Common Ways to Botch an Apology
• How to Apologize for a Serious Transgression
• How to Ask for an Apology
• How to Accept an Apology
• How to Create an Apology-Friendly Workplace
Lauren’s straightforward apology advice and practical guidance will help you make more effective apologies whenever you need to do so. The Art of the Apology is destined to become a classic reference for business and personal etiquette.